Student Organization Registration for 2016 is now CLOSED!
University of Florida is home to nearly 1,000 registered student organizations. Student Activities and Involvement maintains current student organization information through the registration process completed each year. Both current and new organizations follow the same registration steps.
Registration occurs twice annually
- August - September 15 for the subsequent fall and spring semesters
- January 15 - 31 for the spring semester (for inactive organizations or new organizations only)
- Have a minimum of ten members, including a President, Vice President, and Treasurer
- Have a Student Organization Advisor (Must be a full-time, salaried Faculty or Professional Staff member at UF)
- Have a current constitution on file - must meet the University of Florida Constitution Guidelines
- Complete Officer Training
- Complete Electronic Registration through Gator Connect. Even if your current organization retains the same advisor, description, and officers, you must complete all steps of registration.
Benefits of registering a student organization
Click the pdf below to learn more about registration benefits and tips for starting a new student organization.