Student Organization Registration for 2015-2016 is now OPEN!
University of Florida is home to nearly 1,000 registered student organizations. Student Activities and Involvement maintains current student organization information through the registration process completed each year. Both current and new organizations follow the same registration steps.
Registration occurs twice annually:
- August - September 15 for the subsequent fall and spring semesters
- January 1 - 15 for the spring semester (for inactive organizations or new organizations only)
- Have a minimum of ten members, including a President, Vice President, and Treasurer
- Have a Student Organization Advisor (Faculty or Professional Staff member).
- Have a current constitution on file - must meet the University of Florida Constitution Guidelines
- Complete Officer Training
- Complete Electronic Registration through Gator Connect. Even if your current organization retains the same advisor, description, and officers, you must complete all steps of registration.
Benefits of registering a student organization:
- Regular use of University facilities: buildings, grounds, services (some may have fees for use)
- Ability to apply for office/cubicle/cabinet/mailbox space in the J. Wayne Reitz Union
- Ability to request funds from Student Government if SG policies and criteria are met
- Access to SAI staff and resources
- Eligible to apply for a Catering Scholarship for events
- Participation in the Student Organization Fair
- Group Consultations by Involvement Team
- Participation in Annual Involvement Awards
- Leadership training provided by SAI
Starting a new organization?
Before you start your own organization, look through our current organization listing to see if there is an existing organization that is working toward a similar goal and purpose.
Student organizations are an essential part of the University of Florida community and play a vital role in providing important learning opportunities and a rich and diverse campus life experience for UF students. All student organizations are subject to the rules of the University of Florida including the Student Conduct Code and Academic Honesty Guidelines. Registered student organizations have access to designated University resources (including possible eligibility for funding, priority use of University facilities, and posting on the Student Activities and Involvement web page) pursuant to applicable University rules, regulations, and guidelines, including the Student Organization Handbook.